The lab is located on the third floor within University Hospital on the Point Grey campus of the University of British Columbia. The lab contains 900 square feet of uninterrupted floor space enabling the collection and analysis of a number of static and dynamic movements.
The lab is equipped with:
- Ten high-speed, high-resolution digital cameras capable of tracking movement characteristics up to 500 times per second
- Four floor-mounted force platforms and instrumented stairs capable of measuring the forces exerted onto the body during movements
- A wireless EMG system capable of measuring activity from up to 16 muscles simultaneously
- Specialized software capable to synchronizing the kinematic, kinetic, and EMG data to enable a full biomechanical assessment of movement
- A state-of-the-art audiovisual system capable of providing real-time feedback of muscle and joint function during movement